Leadshine DM442 2-phase Digital Stepper Motor Drive 40VDC 4.2A
for 57 Motor
- Anti-Resonance, provides optimum torque and nulls mid-range instability
- Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology, offers optimum responses with different motors
- Multi-Stepping allows a low resolution step input to produce a higher microstep output for smooth system performance
- Microstep resolutions programmable, from full-step to 102,400 steps/rev
- Supply voltage up to +40 VDC
- Output current programmable, from 0.5A to 4.2A
- Pulse input frequency up to 200KHz
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input
- Automatic idle-current reduction(Reduction rate can be software configured)
- Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
- Over-voltage, over-current, phase-error protections
1 x DM442 Stepper driver
The DM442 is a versatility fully digital stepping drive based on a DSP with advanced control algorithm. The DM442 is the next generation of digital stepping motor controls. It brings a unique level of system smoothness, providing optimum torque and nulls mid-range instability. Motor self-test and parameter auto-setup technology offers optimum responses with different motors and easy-to-use. The driven motors can run with much smaller noise, lower heating, smoother movement than most of the drives in the markets. Its unique features make the DM442 an ideal solution for applications that require low-speed smoothness.
Compared to the DM432C, DM442 can output more current. What’s more, owing to its higher performance DSP, driven motors can achieve much higher speed (above 3000RPM) than that of the DM432C, offering servo-like performances.
Suitable for a wide range of stepping motors, from NEMA frame size 17 to 34. It can be used in various kinds of machines, such as laser cutters, laser markers, high precision X-Y tables, labeling machines, and so on. Its unique features make the DM442 an ideal solution for applications that require both low-speed smoothness and high speed performances.
Elimination of Heat
– Drive’s reliable working temperature should be <70 Degrees Celsius (158°F), and motor working temperature should be <80Degrees Celsius (176°F);
– It is recommended to use automatic idle-current mode, namely current automatically reduce to 60% when motor stops, so as to reduce drive heating and motor heating;
– It is recommended to mount the drive vertically to maximize heat sink area. Use forced cooling method to cool the system if necessary.
Power Supply Selection
The DM442 can match medium and small size stepping motors (from NEMA frame size 14 to 34) made by Leadshine or other motor manufactures around the world. To achieve good driving performances, it is important to select supply voltage and output current properly. Generally speaking, supply voltage determines the high speed performance of the motor, while output current determines the output torque of the driven motor (particularly at lower speed). Higher supply voltage will allow higher motor speed to be achieved, at the price of more noise and heating. If the motion speed requirement is low, it’s better to use lower supply voltage to decrease noise, heating and improve reliability.
Regulated or Unregulated Power Supply
Both regulated and unregulated power supplies can be used to supply the drive. However, unregulated power supplies are preferred due to their ability to withstand current surge. If regulated power supplies (such as most switching supplies.) are indeed used, it is important to have large current output rating to avoid problems like current clamp, for example using 4A supply for 3A motor-drive operation. On the other hand, if unregulated supply is used, one may use a power supply of lower current rating than that of motor (typically 50%-70% of motor current). The reason is that the drive draws current from the power supply capacitor of the unregulated supply only during the ON duration of the PWM cycle, but not during the OFF duration. Therefore, the average current withdrawn from power supply is considerably less than motor current. For example, two 3A motors can be well supplied by one power supply of 4A rating.